Founded in 1908, Kingsknowe Golf Club has a custom built golf clubhouse which dominates the magnificent vista formed by the approach from the course to the 18th green. With an elegant view across north east Edinburgh to the old and new Forth Bridges and beyond, the clubhouse is home to around 700 members who have successfully married the traditions of golf with a welcoming outlook on what is required for a 21st Century club. Membership of the Club has many benefits:-
- Daily Course updates on Twitter and Facebook every morning
- A flexible tee booking system for members – on-line, drop-in, or telephone
- A PGA Professional and Shop with teaching and coaching provided by Chris Morris
- A practice ground and all weather practice chipping and putting green
- Buggies and Trolleys for Hire
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks available every day from Food Creations. Check them out on www.foodcreations.co.uk
- Function and Meeting Rooms to hire for your special event, function or meeting
- Regular social events including live entertainment, BBQs and discos
- Free to use Wi-Fi throughout the club
- Special Discounts and exclusive Offers from our Corporate Partners
It’s easy to join our club and we have full, five day, youth, and junior membership categories for men and women (boys and girls). The membership year runs from 1 January to 31 December but you can join at any time (click here to find out how). We welcome visiting parties, and great rates are available. We also welcome visitors to the City of Edinburgh and it is easy to arrange a tee-time for you to play. Just contact our PGA Professional, Chris Morris, and click here for availability and prices.
Kingsknowe aims to be more than just a golf club. The magnificent clubhouse sits amidst a number of south west Edinburgh suburbs, and has much to offer the local community. Equally, as our growing list of partners shows, we are building relationships with local organisations such as Archers Sleepcentre, Scoot, KS Dance, Norton House Hotel, Edinburgh Rugby and Kingsfield Golf Centre, so that we can develop new services and benefits for our members (click here for Partners Page). Our bar and catering outlet has brought a fresh and modern approach to affordable, quality food in our and bar and restaurant areas. Simon Preece and his team from “Food Creations” have not only brought golf club experience to Kingsknowe but have complemented this with a business approach to customer satisfaction. Food Creations can also cater for your function needs and we have facilities available for parties, special events, and club dinners (find out more here). Tailored corporate packages provide all you need for a meeting or seminar for up to 50 people and this can be arranged with or without food or golf. Exclusive rates are offered to club members, local businesses, sports clubs and sporting organisations. Check out the Corporate Facilities page here or contact the Club to arrange a visit or to discuss your needs.
AERIAL VIEW OF THE CLUBHOUSE AND COURSE
Many thanks to Air Frames for providing this footage. They can be contacted through www.air-frames.co.uk
Finally, the clubhouse is open 7 days a week and we endeavour to have the course open for golf on as many of the 365 days in the year as possible. Click here for our current Opening Hours: Winter Hours (Winter hours November to March and Summer hours are April to October).